On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:25:50 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well anyway I suppose it does not hurt to have the
> monitor back off. I'm willing to try, but I would like to
> be fresh at doing this , say tomorrow afternoon
> about 1300hrs GMT.

This is a built in setting in all currently/recently produced monitors.

Some, though not all or even most, will allow you to change this setting
via the monitor configuration menu.
Check the DPMS info in your monitor manual.

    Charles

--
Well I'm sorry Wendy, I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days
and doesn't die. Anyway children, lets start off with some vocabulary...