Quite possibly the sound that you are hearing is your monitor switching modes.
I have heard this sound many times, especially on multi-sync monitors.
Maybe I am wrong, but I hear this sound every day when I boot into MDK 9.0
and my monitor is 5 years old and has not blown up yet...
Anyone else hear this noise?

Hope it helps.

Mudder