On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 15:38, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 01 Mar 2003 8:03 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This is true for HP printers.  The usual way is to have a rotation of 3
> carts to be refilled, the printer remembers the serial numbers of the
> last two carts it used and won't print if you refill a cart and put it
> back in the printer.  Which is the reason that I got rid of the HP
> printer and replaced it with an Epson C62, the HPs are just too
> expensive to operate and I don't see that much of a quality difference.

Not true.  I've used recycled cartridges on my HP printer for ages.  And I've
taken one out, put a new one in, and when I got a faulty one that the printer
wouldn't accept I put the old one back in until I could get a replacement.
No problems at all.
I'm not sure what you mean by "not true", but it sounds as if you have an older HP printer.

> I've always used the cheapest replacement cartridges that I could find
> for my Epson printers without a problem.  The C62 cart light is flashing
> and I'm almost out of black ink, we'll see how the replacement works
> very soon!

At local computer fairs I see that a lot of refilled cartridges are available
for Epson printers, but some vendors say that they are 'guaranteed chipped'.
I've also read recently that the EU are trying to outlaw the practise of
chipping cartridges, because it makes recycling difficult.
Exactly what do you mean by "chipped"?

Rich

--
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>