On Saturday 01 Mar 2003 11:23 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > Exactly what do you mean by "chipped"?
> >
> > I don't know anything about the technology, other than people selling
> > them told me that it is the way that Epson machines are rigged to
> > recognise their own cartridges.
>
> That's what I thought you meant, but now I'm confused!  HP printer carts
> are the ones chipped here in the states and I'm not aware of any Epson
> carts being chipped, and I own 4 of them at the moment.  Can anyone else
> step in here and help me out?

Must be a difference in international markets.  I have a price list in front
of me that says

stylus 680 black, not chipped for use with ILRS
stylus 680 colour, not chipped for use with ILRS
stylus 680 black, chipped
stylus 680, colour chipped

and so on...

There are also Canon, HP, Lexmark and Olivetti carts listed, but none of those
brands show any mention of 'chipped'

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302