On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 05:20, Anne Wilson wrote:

> That's what I thought you meant, but now I'm confused!  HP printer carts
> are the ones chipped here in the states and I'm not aware of any Epson
> carts being chipped, and I own 4 of them at the moment.  Can anyone else
> step in here and help me out?

Must be a difference in international markets.  I have a price list in front
of me that says

stylus 680 black, not chipped for use with ILRS
stylus 680 colour, not chipped for use with ILRS
stylus 680 black, chipped
stylus 680, colour chipped

and so on...

There are also Canon, HP, Lexmark and Olivetti carts listed, but none of those
brands show any mention of 'chipped'
You're probably right about the differences in markets.  My HP 930C (Hey, maybe the "C" stands for Chipped) is sitting in a box right now because it's too much of a hassle to deal with the cartridges.  The HP carts are too expensive and the recycled carts are not all that reliable.  I tried refilling my own carts, but that's also a hassle.  The book that came with the refill inks was were I got the idea for rotating three cartridges.

Rich

--
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>