On Thursday 06 March 2003 01:44 pm, Diane Arsenault wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> No problem - I'm getting replies so fast I can hardly keep up to it myself!
>
> Anway, it rebooted during the process of installing the actual program
> files.  No warning at all - she just up and quit - and rebooted.  When this
> happened it did come back to the "Press enter to install" screen, and the
> progress bar indicated that it was loading files (although I hadn't pressed
> enter).  In all honesty, I don't remember if the floppy was still in the
> drive or not ...  Too much going on and I'm just about braindead.
>
> As an update - I just disconnected the CD-RW - Still can't boot from the
> CD-ROM.  Now I'm going to set up the CD-ROM as Primary SLAVE and see where
> that gets me.
>
> Diane
At this point, I wonder if the fans are running correctly, and I kinda agree
with Adolfo on this. it really "should" start from the CDrom. it also should
NOT have rebooted durring the install there. this might be a sign of some
other problem.

 It might be worth noting, at least a couple of years ago, if you had a
Gateway computer (I don't think this is the same with HP/Compaq) and even
attempted to ask their tech support if you could install linx on it got you a
litle note in the warrenty records, and would void the warrenty by installing
Linux.