On Thursday 06 March 2003 01:51 pm, Diane Arsenault wrote:
> Hi et,
>
> The "can't find Cd-ROM drive" message appears on a blud screen, with text
> only, and this happens after the computer reboots.  It is definitley being
> generated by Linux.
>
> And, Yes - as a matter of fact, it does have a onboard shared memory video
> card.  Hmm...
when you boot the first time to install, you will have to report the "shared
video memory to the install kernel.
Start over with the boot floppy, when it says "hit enter to install or
upograde or f1 for other options, hit f1 and type "linux mem=xxxM" where you
change xxxM to the amount of system memory minus the amount of shared memory
(I have 256 installed memory, but "share" 16 megs with the onboard video, so
in that case I type "linux 240M") remember the capital M at the end. and then
got thru the install again, and also if you have "bios level virus
protection" on, turn it off durring the install, and change "plug and pray
aware OS" to off. also note that NTFS (winXP, win2k, winNT) should not be
resized by the Disk Drake installer, at least untill 9.1 is out. and as
always, back up your data first...