On Friday 21 March 2003 20:54, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> Hello. First time I post here. I find it rather to our disadvantage that we
> newbies are kept packed together. Sometimes we have problems which need the
> intervention of an experienced user. But anyway, I'll try to keep my
> questions not too complicated.

Don't let the name fool you....this list is frequented by some very honourable
linux veterans as well as extremely savvy newbies:o)

I'ts more a description of the kind of topics to be expected here.

> Problem is, my Mandrake doesn't recognize my USB ports. When I installed,
> they were disabled in the BIOS. I do not have the slightest idea of how
> they got disabled. Now, I have a USB printer, and I want to have it local,
> so I need those ports. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Just enable them there and Mdk should see the ports just fine and you'll be
able to configure your printer.

Good luck,
HarM