On Friday March 21 2003 07:16 pm, Chris wrote:
> Hello Tom
>
> >     I don't know about GUI's, but all my CL solutions (biso,
> > bacd, bdcd) contain 'eject'.  ie,
> > alias bdcd='cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0  -data'
> >     So the CDr is immediately ejected right after fixating is
> > finished.  Then to check the CD, I push the drawer back in and
> > bring it up in a terminal and do a 'ls' on it, or use a file
> > manager like Konqueror. Then I either wait a while, or if I'm
> > impatient, use 'eject /dev/scd0' to retrieve it.
>
> Tom, that alias you showed me how to setup is working great, lots
> better using the CL than a gui, guess it takes me back to my MSDOS
> days.  Question though, .mp3' would be burnt as data files correct?

   Yes
   With 'data' files like .mp3's (or .jpg's, .avi's, .mpg's, .mov's,
etc.) I copy them to a directory and make sure I haven't exceeded the
target CDr size (usually 700mb's). Then I create an image with
'mkcdimg /<directory>' (alias mkcdimg='mkisofs -r -o cd_image').

   Then 'bdcd cd_image' puts the whole sh'bang on a CDr.  No runs, no
drips, no errors :)

>  Also, this problem he's having with the cd not ejecting, I notice
> he keeps mentioning he has supermount enabled, maybe if he disabled
> it?  I had problems with being able to copy multiple files from my
> cd's to the hd before I disabled it here, since then I've had no
> problems.

   Supermount is not the problem. It's just a convenient scapegoat for
user or hardware deficiencies.