On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 10:45, Zariyan Zephyr wrote:

> As a Linux newbie, I don't really understand why people in Europe and
> North America has chosen Linux for daily use. I think people in Europe
> and North America can afford Microsoft Windows and application
> softwares under Windows. It isn't about money, is it ?.
>
> ZZ
Oh, yeah, it is about money.

Each of the several reboots that you need to do using Winblows makes you
waste your time, and time is money.

Every document that you are working with and that you have to retype
(partially o totally) makes you waste your time (in this particular case
you also have to invest in stuffs like mylanta, maalox, peptobismol,
etc).

Every business presentation where you have to reboot can make you loose
clients (and money).

Every disaster recovery will drive you nut (more expenses in
psychoanalysis).

After a few months working with Linux I have no doubt that it is a money
saver.

In addition, I also back all the other points already posted in the
list.

Saludos
--
    __