I agree with all the above as well as this post

To all I say AMEN ! Hear Hear ! Bravo! could not have said it better! Yeah ! and ME TOO !

--

Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA

====================================================== Dual booting 98lite;MDK 9.0 kernel 2.4.19-16 Kde 3.1 Registered Linux User #248955 acqua / Keramik Theme

"If obstacles are what you see in your path...
Then you have lost sight of your goal! "

Lanman wrote:

Hmmm,...I'll try to keep this under 10 pages! Reasons I like Linux;

1) I'm fed up with paying for something that doesn't work as advertised!

2) I'm fed up with buying products from companies that don't back up what they sell, without charging for the service. Imagine if new cars were sold/leased the way Microsoft products are!

3) If I wanted to lease an O/S, I'd fill in a lease agreement, not have one forced down my throat.

4) If I wanted to lease something, at least I get to take it for a test drive BEFORE signing the lease.

5) I'm fed up with big companies trying to control what I can do with my property. When I buy gas for my car, Shell doesn't tell me where I am allowed to drive, or how fast, or in what lane!

6) In the same analogy, Shell doesn't try to prosecute me if I pour fuel additives in my gas tank made by STP. But if I want to try to improve Windows, I can't, unless I replace it with Linux!

7) I detest the way Microsoft treats computer users like morons. Since they don't provide free support to back up their products ( Yeah, we know we sold you a piece of crap, but you'll have to pay us to fix it!), they should at least let me peek under the hood to try and fix it myself!

8) I'm a bit of a rebel.

9) I detest monopolies

10) I happen to like the fact that there's a Linux Community, where people help each other simply for the pleasure of helping each other, and not always for the Almighty Buck! I like the fact that this community is global and simply bypasses a lot of the crap that politicians dictate to us. It renews my faith in what humanity can accomplish when they are focussed towards a common goal. Sure I'm am idealist! What's your point?

Done.

Lanman