--- Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- cF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That address doesn't work for me.
> >
> > At 01:38 PM 02/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> > >Hello Everyone,
> > >   I am attempting to setup a personal website
> from
> > my
> > >SBC Ameritech/Yahoo internet connection.  I have
> > >dynamic ip.  I am also doing network address
> > >translation, but I have access to port forwarding
> > in
> > >the router.  After signing up for dyndns.org
> > service
> > >and starting port forwarding from incoming 80 on
> > the
> > >router to incoming 80 on my linux box I was in
> > shock
> > >that it seems to work.  I thought that Ameritech
> > (or
> > >SBC whoever they are now) would block it since
> all
> > >have is the cheap residential service.  Any way I
> > have
> > >two questions:
> > >
> > >Is there any utility bundled with Mandrake 9.1 to
> > >update my dynamic ip with dyndns.org (it must get
> > the
> > >address from the router).
> > >
> > >Also is there any gui tools for apache.  I am
> > reading
> > >the docs now, but I think it will be awhile
> before
> > >fully grasp it.  Yes I know it's a very insecure
> > setup
> > >since I don't fully understand what I'm doing,
> but
> > >must learn somehow.
> > >
> > >If someone could also check
> > >http://www.bustedbox.homelinux.net/
> > >and let me know that it's not just being served
> in
> > my
> > >lan I would also appreciate it.
> > >
> > >TIA
>
> Oops should have been http://bustedbox.homelinux.net

Thanks to everyone who replied. I ended up using
ddclient.  I just grabbed the source from the mirror
listed at dyndns.org.  The original authors site
wasn't up for me to grab the rpm, but the tar file
contained the binary and simple install instructions.
  Now I must learn apache...  I can't even find the
httpd.conf to edit (I found httpd2.conf but it said
you really shouldn't mess with it unless your a
guru...)  I'm sure I'll be back with questions on
apache soon.  Anyway thanks to all who responded.

Jeff