On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 22:15:12 -0500
Terry Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Todd,
> I'm running ROX 1.3.3 (from Mandrake) seems about the same,
> performance wise but, if I recall you were running a somewhat older
> version of Rox a few months ago. Do you have 'thumbnails' turned off?

Yup, but it's better now. I was doing a bunch of stuff before, and
that's what slowed it down. Compiling apps and copying stuff from cd to
hd and having 10 xterms, 4 rox windows, mcc, mail, news and xmms running
has a tendency to slow things down just a touch.

> Meanwhile, I grabbed fbdesk from a 'contrib' mirror. 'S'pose to put
> icons on your fluxbox desktop, which it does, but they don't seem to
> be very functional. Wassup with this addon? You guys using it?

I'm not. I heard it wasn't very functional from a few posts on the
fluxbox list IIRC. I tried idesk, which worked well, but was a pain
because you had to manually create entries for each icon you wanted. And
you had to double-click to start an app. I hate double-clicking.

The only "extras" I use are the artwiz fonts and the remember patch. I'm
considering the one that lets you manage workspaces (as in different
wallpaper per space etc.), but I'm not sure it's something I really
need.

One thing from fluxbox I really missed when using KDE was the ability to
change desktops using the wheel. And I didn't like that apps from
different desktops stayed in the taskbar (minimized or not) so clicking
them would bring them up in any desktop.

I've just about got everything back to how I like it ;)

Todd