Robin Turner wrote:

Femme wrote:

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 00:46, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 14:27, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 16:05, Femme wrote:

how can i specify that I wish to scroll more than 12 lines in KDE??? I'm used to being able to scroll a page at a time yet that option eludes
me here. help?

Can't help you with the KDE problem, as I am on Enlightenment here and
rarely use the KDE WM.  But your new sig rocks!

Very inspirational. ;)

--LX

Femme USED to be "exploratory" enough to break away from MAINSTREAM
desktops and window managers like KDE, but I think after the surgery,
she's turning "normal" or "mainstream" and can't seem to break away from
the status quo long enough to get into Enlightenment again...

DIE HEATHEN!!!!!

I will get back to E eventually I'm sure...or some other WM. My problem is instability or/and lack of development.

Either one kill it for me...and ya i love eyecandy... the minimalist WM's are just too un-eyecandyish tho... ION is looking up though... :D Heh... ya well admittedly I have just been trying to keep my linux up more than a week too.

48 hours & counting now though! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Just to spite you Stephen I may look into another WM though too...and watch me crash & burn this install when I do. Normal day in my life I think.

I must be the only person here who actually likes KDE (I changed from GNOME+Enlightenment some years ago - Enlightenment was sexy, but I really hated GNOME). OK, it's slow, especially on my old PII machine, but it's pretty and easy to use for non-Linux users who happen upon one of my computers. In the office, where I have a PIII 1GHz and 256MB RAM, I don't have any speed problems, but then my idea of "fast" is influenced by my first experiences of computing, which involved 1KB of RAM and programs that loaded from a cassette.

I played around with Icewm the other day - it's come a long way since I used it out of necessity a few years back (this was on a cranky 133 MHz Celeron with 32MB RAM that couldn't even run Windows 95 most of the time). If our unit ever decide to go for Linux in a big way, I might install it on the ex-Windows boxes, use the Win98 theme, and see how long it is before anyone notices a difference. When they do, it'll probably be something like "I clicked on the Internet Explorer icon, and now the program has a big 'M' in the corner - is there something wrong with the computer, or have you installed a new version of Internet Explorer?"

Sir Robin

"I must be the only person here who actually likes KDE "

Not the only one.

John

--
John Richard Smith