Hello,

        So.  It sounds like you know what I would like to know about Galeon and
config files.

        I would like to run in KDE, but use the Galeon browser.  In 9.0, I can set
Galeon (1.2.5) in Settings->Preferences->Handlers->Programs to use the Kmail
composer when I click a mailto: link (with "kmail --composer %t").  This does
not seem to be as simple an operation in Galeon 1.3.3.  Also, it seems that I
should be able to get Kmail to use Galeon to open links clicked inside email,
but I don't know how to do this either (although I haven't tried in Kmail
3.1, because I'm having problems with sending mail with the 9.1).  Any
thoughts?  Are there any reading materials that cover these things?

        While I'm on configurations, I'll say that I didn't have any problems when I
upgraded to 9.1, but only when I did a fresh install (I, know, I should have
left well enough alone, few people have accused me of consistently doing the
smart thing).  It has been suggested that I can give /home its own partition
and install without touching the old stuff.  I've also been told that the
installer won't upgrade applications whose config files have been modified.
So it seems to me that learning how to tweak the files myself is the only way
to have the new version, with the configuration that actually worked.

        One more thing, and this is probably heresy to say (see above about smarts),
but what files would I need to keep to install 9.1 and still have the 9.0
"look" (theme?).  As flashy as the new is, having switched back and forth
I've found that the old icons and such are easier for me to read, and I just
plain like them better (the retro thing, I guess).  Comments?

With an advance of thanks,
         -Jim