On Thursday 05 Jun 2003 4:41 pm, James Henry Maiewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       So.  It sounds like you know what I would like to know about
> Galeon and config files.

I don't know much about Galeon, so I'll leave that part for someone
else.

>       I would like to run in KDE, but use the Galeon browser.  In 9.0, I
> can set Galeon (1.2.5) in Settings->Preferences->Handlers->Programs
> to use the Kmail composer when I click a mailto: link (with "kmail
> --composer %t").  This does not seem to be as simple an operation
> in Galeon 1.3.3.  Also, it seems that I should be able to get Kmail
> to use Galeon to open links clicked inside email, but I don't know
> how to do this either

Try going to K > Configuration > Control Center (not MCC) > Components
> File Associations > html and move Galeon to the top of the list of
browsers.

> (although I haven't tried in Kmail 3.1,
> because I'm having problems with sending mail with the 9.1).  Any
> thoughts?  Are there any reading materials that cover these things?

The most common way of having problems is the setting for whether to
use a password for sending.  Many isps use passwords for collection,
but not sending.

>       One more thing, and this is probably heresy to say (see above
> about smarts), but what files would I need to keep to install 9.1
> and still have the 9.0 "look" (theme?).  As flashy as the new is,
> having switched back and forth I've found that the old icons and
> such are easier for me to read, and I just plain like them better
> (the retro thing, I guess).  Comments?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this.  Pretty, yes, but not as
easily readable.

Anne