On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 00:18, walt wrote:
> 1)       runs faster
>
> 2)       takes up less hard drive space
>
> 3)       takes less time to load on to your computer and you
> practically have everything you need without loading a lot of other
> programs on it
>
> 4)       don’t need to keep rebooting

I knew I should have said other things :-)  Really nice answer is this.

And.. I want to correct my previous mail. (pressed 'send' too quickly as
usual).
I wrote:
        Portability of file-formats isn't a really big issue anymore.  I
        managed
        to run M$Office, macromedia flash etc on my Linux-box, which I  needed
        for school.
and I meant:
        People are working hard on projects like OpenOffice to display
        word-documents and others correctly.
        Even if you need windows-applications like Flash, there are
        possibilities.

again, Steven