That's a very personal matter...  But I'll give you my quick top-5:
(didn't think of it for a long time, so please don't take it too
serious)

First of all, M$ is about money, Linux is about quality and
consumer/user-needs.  Linux distro's and most of the applications are
FREE!

Windows is kinda standard, with a lot of different looks if you please,
linux is about tweaking the system for your own desires.

Windows is ordinar and almost everybody uses it, Linux is a challenge
;-)

Portability of file-formats isn't a really big issue anymore.  I managed
to run M$Office, macromedia flash etc on my Linux-box, which I needed
for school.

While using Linux, it's very easy to learn how your computer works,
while windows keeps those things hided (which is not a bad case for most
users, but I find it rather annoying)