Steven Broos wrote:
On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 00:18, walt wrote:

1) runs faster

Questionable.Depending on how your Linux system is set up (services, wm etc.), XP may well run faster.

2) takes up less hard drive space

Again, that depends on your system.

3) takes less time to load on to your computer and you practically have everything you need without loading a lot of other programs on it

Definitely. I reinstalled Windows recently, and after breathing a sigh of relief when it finally installed correctly, I groaned as I realised that I then had to install a load of other stuff if I actually wanted it to do anything.

4) don’t need to keep rebooting

5) Doesn't have a EULA which gives some company the right to inspect and alter the contents of your hard disk.

6) Doesn't contain spyware.

Sir Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi