On Tuesday 27 May 2003 6:32 pm, RichardA wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2003 15:26:18 +0100
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <g> I meant  I haven't tried uploading to that site.  I use gFtp
> > myself, and it's easy.  Let us know how you go on.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne, quick gFTP question: I put my user name and password in the
> fields at the top, pressed the connect button on the left, but it
> still tried logging in to the site as anonymous according to the
> log window below. Where do you put your details?

Hi, Richard.  Disclaimer - I'm no expert :-)

I would guess that it was doing the right thing, though I'm not
certain of this.  The username and password are the ones that you
need to access that particular site.  Vincent had said that his site
needed no signing in, so I would guess that for that site and others
like it, it is not asking for a password, and so you are signed in as
anonymous.

If you make a connection to a site and are likely to want to go there
again, make a bookmark.  It will remember the settings you used for
that site.

It sounds to me as though you nearly had it right - just put anonymous
for the username and leave password empty if the site doesn't require
one.

HTH

Anne