On Wed, 28 May 2003 14:20:46 +0000
Toran Korshnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gftp is not easy to configure, but it goes as follows.
> Connect to the FreeBSD-ftpserver.
> You will see how the FreeBSDserver is filled in.
> Change this settings towards your own settings.
> Connect now.
> Bookmark your settings.
> Done.
> Each time you want to go to your website use the bookmark.
>
> Toran

The FreeBSD server in the bookmarks works, but it only fills in the kind
of values I was using anyway. After all, Host, Port, User and Password
are hard to misunderstand.

The FreeBSD settings use 'anonymous' and my email address. Even when I
put the correct username and password in for my site, the log shows it
connects as 'anonymous' and my email address too, then waits 30 seconds
before doing the same thing again.

I suppose if a simple graphical ftp client is *this* hard to use, it's
broken.

Richard
--
Registered Linux user 246658 at