Hello,

I just signed up for support for the 9.0 Powerpack I bought. I thought
I might be able to access another set of info about setting up
Mandrake, but that does not seem to be the case. It seems to be asking
me to open an 'incident'. Is this 'support' really effective? Can one
see all the questions and answers that have been discussed, as is the
case on this list?

You folks here have been VERY helpful[thank you, again]. Does the
above 'support' really add something that this list does not provide?

For example, I have been looking for packages to install (Octave, for
example). When I search, the primary source seems to be the Mandrake
Club. I thought this was part of the above 'support', but that does
not seem to be the case. It seems as though I would still have to pay
to use the Club. Is that true?

In the Octave example, I found a Mandrake rpm, but it needs quite a
few libs. The Club seems to have all of them, otherwise, they seem to
be spread around all over, with different versions and types (non-rpm,
for example). For a newbie, it is a bit confusing to make sure I am
getting all the proper pieces to make it work OK.

In the sources listed for urpmi, the Mandrake Club is listed, but that
seems to be from an ftp I added at the suggestion of someone here. I
assume that this is NOT the real Mandrake Club (that seems to be
complete) because urpmi *can't* find all the missing parts.

What's the best way for newbies to get complete packages and/or
support? Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to how these pieces go
together.

--
Thanks,
 rikona                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]