At 10:28 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Femme; The Enterprise kernel is primarily designed for servers with dual CPU's. It provides the same characteristics as the SMP version ( Symmetrical Multi-Processing), and a few tweaks to the memory management. But unless you have a small hard drive, this shouldn't be an issue anyways.

If you're doing a fresh install, you can add the SMP and Enterprise kernels to your install and try them out. They will be added to LILO, so you can select any of them and try them for yourself. That way, you can decide whether or not they work for you or not. If you decide that either of these kernels work for you, then un-install the ones you don't need, and keep the ones you like.

P.S.; I get the impression your not a dummy at all.

Lanman

Heh ty sweetheart. You're being very kind. I ask the question b/c honestly linux itself when I installed it made both kernels available. I wasn't sure really what the diff was cept for the memory support above a gig. So I wasn't sure which to choose.

Kinda a silly question maybe but how will i know which is better??? Is there an objective way to find out?

Oh & I looked @ my memory usage using Ent. but I think it said i had 800mb... this led me to try to tell LILO that I had 1gb of memory. After that I have no linux that works so I must reinstall. :D

Ain't i brilliant?  Still think i'm not a dummy? :)  heh
FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert