Yes, they had a hardware (personal walman type) in mind. I just set up a site:
www.flashcards.co.nz (shameless free plug) where we also sell these types of players but in all of our attempts, we have not had success in sourcing good hardware .ogg players sadly. Once we find em, WE WILL have them on site for sale. I'll advise the list if I locate any.

Cheers

Jason