On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:41:13 +0100
Inhabitant of Zion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some shn files on my system and can't seem to find a program
> that will deal with them and that works.
>
> John

shn - lossless compressed wav file format. Xmms will play them with a
plugin, or a tool called shorten translates between shn and wav.

I've seen a MDK 9.0 package of shorten, but I think the licence means it
won't be in the default distro (the licence is 'free for non-commercial
use' rather than free as in fries, sorry freedom).

Richard
--
Registered Linux user 246658 at
http://counter.li.org