On Monday 09 June 2003 12:55 am, rikona wrote:
> Hello Carroll,
>
> Sunday, June 8, 2003, 8:57:34 PM, you wrote:
> >> This might be me, using TheBat, which puts in succesive #'s. TB
> >> threads by reference, and works OK even if the subject lines are a
> >> bit different. What are you using for email? Anyone else having
> >> problems with it?
>
> CG> Well, since you asked... Yes, I do. I'm running KMail 1.5 (the critter
> that CG> comes with 9.1), so it's only an esthetic problem now. In the
> previous CG> version of KMail (whatever came with 9.0), TheBat totally
> mucked up my Inbox
>
> Are you saying it is OK now?
>
> CG> -- almost to the point where I was ready to tell you to stick TheBat...
>
> Now, now - TheBat has become a bit bloated, and it would... well, you
> get the idea. :-)
>
> CG> BTW, isn't it about time for you to cut the cord and use a Linux
> CG> app for your mail?
>
> I'm working on it. This has a lot to do with the actual subject of
> this thread. I now save a lot of email to files/data bases, for which
> I use the indexing tool. If I can find a good replacement tool for
> Mandrake, many of my things will be moving over. The bulk of my stuff
> will stay where the good indexing/viewing tool is. This is my 'must
> have' app.
>
> Also, TheBat is a rather nice app. It is hard to find a replacement
> that can duplicate what it does. This is not OE, which I would give up
> in a millisecond.
>
> CG> If nothing else, at least give it a try on the list. :^)
>
> If it is a bother to y'all, I can probably get TheBat to selectively
> eliminate the numbers for this list.

Rikona:
No need to do it for me. As I mentioned in my earlier message, the problem
that I had been having seems to be resolved with the expanded settings in the
newer version of Konq.

The line about "sticking TheBat" comes from a gag "List of Management Codes"
that circulated through our company years ago. The idea was the communication
would be more efficient if various three-digit codes were substituted for
common phrases. Thus, 904 meant "Play ball with me, or I'll stick the bat up
your a**", 214 meant "Excuse me, but you seem to have me confused with
someone who gives a damn", 215 was "Here's a dime. Call someone who cares.",
and so on. (The reference to a dime for a phone call is a clue to its age.
And mine.)

Now that you bring it up, I've wondered how other folks manage their email.
It's become pretty clear to me that I've got to do something about it; just
the increased volume of mail on the expert and newbie lists has reached the
point where I find it difficult just keeping current.
-- cmg