Hi all,

I’ve just installed mandrake 9.1 as a dual boot system with windows 2000.  My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8smilh, with onboard lan (realtek chipset RTL8101L).  Mandrake works fine with everything except for LAN.  I have a link light on the rj45 socket, so everything seems alright there.

Where my problem is, is with pinging (or anything else) else computers on my network.  We have a home network with a dlink router running dhcp, and a win2k server running dns.

I initially set networking settings under mandrake to dhcp, but no ip address was assigned.  Instead, on startup, eth0 assigned itself an ip address in the 192.168 (I think) range, instead of the 10.0.0.0 range setup on the network.

I’ve tried dhcp or static ip addressing, but no luck.  I’ve been using the netconf utility under kde

Has anyone else had the same problems, or perhaps have some suggestions as to what to do?

My /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 currently is:

DEVICE="eth0"

BOOTPROTO="static"

BROADCAST="10.98.230.255"

IPADDR="10.98.230.5"

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

IPXNETNUM_802_2=""

IPXPRIMARY_802_2="no"

IPXACTIVE_802_2="no"

IPXNETNUM_802_3=""

IPXPRIMARY_802_3="no"

IPXACTIVE_802_3="no"

IPXNETNUM_ETHERII=""

IPXPRIMARY_ETHERII="no"

IPXACTIVE_ETHERII="no"

IPXNETNUM_SNAP=""

IPXPRIMARY_SNAP="no"

IPXACTIVE_SNAP="no"

I really don’t know where all those ipx settings came from – I don’t use IPX.

Anyways, thanks in advance,

Nathan