On Sunday 15 Jun 2003 10:55 am, Chuck Stuettgen wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 05:07, Anne Wilson wrote:
> One advantage for using DHCP on a home network is if you have a
> laptop. You don't have fool around with redoing the network
> settings for each network...

Accepted.  A little while ago we had a laptop that was intermittently
on the lan.  At that time I used fixed ip for all the others but
requested an ip from the router for that one.  Then I remembered that
she was using it as a stand alone when not on our lan, so she didn't
need multiple ips, and I changed her to static.

For laptops that join more than one lan, I would have thought it was
essential to have dhcp.

Anne