On Saturday 14 June 2003 02:48 am, Nathan Coad wrote:
> It's not the router that's the problem.  All the other (admittedly
> windows) computers work fine, get ip addresses, resolve dns names, etc.

Did you check and make sure that the firewall was not activated by default.
You can check it in MCC. (Mandrake Control Center).  Look at "security"and
then "firewall"  if firewall shows that it is running check the box for allow
everything, and then see if you can access. If  you get on the internet, then
I believe you can go back and uncheck the allow everything and the firewall
will come back up but now it should not block access. HTH
Dennis M.