Tango Echo wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am considering a purchase of a:

ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR AGP 8X

video card.  What have been your experiences with this
piece of hardware?  Do you recommend it for Mandrake
9.1?  I am in great need to upgrade the old video card
for better gaming, but need to know that this card
will not be a headache...

TIA!!

Hi,

I have this card and I'm using it on Gigabyte GA7VA motherboard and it is working very well. Just be sure to use the new drivers that you can get here: http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html
ATI is going to release new official driver this month but you can get the latest test version on zhe above URL.
I think ATI Radeon 9500 is the best choice right now. It is not expensive and runs fast and it has much better image quality then nVidia solutions.

--
Live long and prosper!