Olle Viksten wrote:

> Steve Macmillan wrote:
>
> > I'm having a hard time getting this to work.
> > When I go to sndconfig it detects it but wants me to set it up manually.
> > The card is using IRQ 11, but that IRQ isn't an option in the configuration.
> >

> Soundblaster 128 uses a diferent chip that is not directly supported. My best
> advice is to install oss. Go to  http://www.opensound.com/linux-x86.html  you
> can download a version that works for 3 hours before you have to restart it. If
> you want to use it permanently you have to buy a license. it's worth it.

Olle....It certainly is directly supported.  I'm using one right now
without any second source drivers on my mdk 6.0 system.  The chip was
listed in the choices in sndconfig and I believe it was the ess 1371.
Steve might or might not want to spen $20 on a commercial driver, but he
certainly doesn't have to.

Alan