On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Bjorn Fahller wrote:

> I have a feeling this is a FAQ, but I haven't been able to find it.
>
> I have a machine in a closet, with RedHat 5.2 installed. The machine
> lacks diskette station and CD-ROM player. It is, however, networked, and
> accesses the machine I'm typing on, which has diskette station, CD-ROM
> and Mandrake.
>
> How can I go about to install Mandrake also on the closet machine? I
> *could* move the diskette station and CD-ROM, but I'd much rather not.
>
> Can I somehow convince LILO to boot off the network?
>    _
> /Bjorn.

#include <stddisclamer.h>

This is one i've had todo before it's not a pretty picture when it goes
wrong, but here are the basics.

mount the bootnet.img on /mnt/floopy with -o loop
copy /mnt/floppy/vmlinuz and initrd to say /boot/blah.install
add them to lilo

image=/boot/vmlinuz.install
        label=installer
        initrd=/boot/initrd.install

(check the syslinux.cfg i maybe forgetting something, if this isn't
enough)
Rerun lilo, reboot and give it a test..