On Friday 27 Jun 2003 3:54 am, Chris Knewstubb wrote:
> I'm using Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1.
>
> Printer is an Epson Stylus Color 400.
>
> Using OpenOffice 1.0.2.
>
> Printed for the very first time in Linux. Set off the print job, and the
> printer immediately started to print a load of rubbish - symbols , blamk
> pages . And it won't stop - except when I push the "off" button. If I
> turn it back on it just starts of again. I have tried every thing to
> stop it. Closed OpenOffice. Shut down and restarted - when I restart the
> printing begins at the login screen.
>
> I have gone into Windows in between Linux sessions and the printer is
> fine there.
>
> Is there a cure to this?
>
> Help.
>
> Please.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris K

There is an application called 'kjobviewer'  which will allow you to cancel
that print job. There is not a menu entry for it, so either start it from a
terminal or use menudrake to create a menu entry.

As for the printer itself. Is it just OpenOffice with the problem or does it
print garbage in all apps? And have you tried rerunning printerdrake to check
the printer configuration?

derek

BTW: Could you remove the "Reply To: " setting in your mozilla mail please? It
is not necessary unless you want to receive emails on a different account to
the one you send from. When used with a mailing list it makes responses go
straight to you and not the list.
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net