hugh wrote:

> The other night while printing out a large file My niece shut down my
> printer. When I turned it back on I started getting sheets with one
> line printed on it. Looks like a self test. Problem is it wont stop
> It's an HP ! Does anyone know  what I can do to stop this?
>
> Thanks
> Hugh
>
>  --
> QOTD:
>         I'm not a nerd -- I'm "socially challenged".
try
man lpd
there you find:
see also:     lpc(8),  pac(1),  lpr(1),  lpq(1),  lprm(1),  syslog(3),
printcap(5)

I think lpc is what you are after
I found out the hard way .. if you shut printer off ... it wont come up
nest time .. til you restart it ...
Sorry no more precise than this .. but it's what you need to read.
Now if I could just remember what I read. <G>

God Bless,
Sam

http://www.wcc.net/~peacemkr/linuxindex.html
NOT an IE friendly site!