Todd Slater wrote:
A colleague has a g4 with cf card. She usually uses the usb connection
><
one had something else. I'm not exactly excited about trying this
again--does canon do something weird to format cf cards, or was this

if linux looks at cf card as a '/dev/cfc1' or what ever, have you tried using dd to unloaded what is there? if nothing else, it might be a way to 'back up' what ever is on card.

before reformatting card, i would contact cannon support. if it has happened
to your colleague, and unless she is a total da, cannon may have a solution.

just a fluke? The card is a kingston. I've never had this happen with my
lexar cf card.

does cannon recognize kingston? contacted kingston?.

then again, if nothing important, as step hen sa id, re format it.

peace out.

tc,hago.

.
--