>>> "Jeanette" == Jeanette Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]

    Jeanette> For some reason I can't paste maybe because three button
    Jeanette> emulation is off but the pointer section looks like this

    Jeanette> Section "Pointer" Protocol "IMPS/2" Device "/dev/mouse"
    Jeanette> ZAxisMapping 4 5

    Jeanette> This is all I have added.  Haven't done anything to
    Jeanette> xinitric or anyother file but have tried different mouse

[snip]

Please post the section of your .xinitrc or .Xclients in $HOME which
starts programs before your window manager.

E.g., mine is the following:

[insert portion of .xinitrc:]

PATH="$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin"
imwheel -k

# Added by Mike to allow others to connect to this X server

xhost +127.0.0.1

# If you login from xdm, uncomment this to make error messages appear
# in the console window.
#
# tail -f /root/.xsession-errors > /dev/console

exec /usr/bin/enlightenment

[end portion of inserted .xinitrc]

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA