On Wednesday July 2 2003 06:14 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> If you need Rar, Vincent Danen maintains an mdk rpm on his site,
> rpmhelp.net.  Bless him...
>
> --LX

   Didn't know that LX, thanks. I got the PLF 'unrar' rpm and then
just renamed /usr/bin/unrar, to rar so that FileRoller would pick
it up.  Works fine, but I think it's even easier to extract rar's
using 'rar e file.part01.rar' on the CL ;)   I did much the same
with 'par', after building the binary in my home dir, I moved to
/usr/bin/ to get it in my path, so I could call it anywhere more
easily.