At 09:30 AM 7/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:
On Wednesday July 2 2003 05:47 pm, FemmeFatale wrote:
> Yer gonna hate my answer..
>
> Par works with WinRar AFAIK only.  its a way of making sure
> redundancy is built in so that if you miss one RAR archive the
> PAR's can be used to build a coherent set of archives anyway.
> -------------
> FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

    Not true in my experience, the Linux version is CL only, the
Winsux version has a GUI, otherwise they're exactly the same. Their
website says just the same.  My problem was wishful thinking and
misunderstanding. Todd and Julian set me on the right course ;)

Silly me! I misunderstood too :D I thought it was proprietary to WinRar itself. Happy news. :)
FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert