Let's see where you got your statistics from Joe. I'm in Montreal and we still have
guns owned illegally, and motorcycle gangs that are in more control than the
politicians, and crazy idiots shooting and killing women on school campuses here. Are
you saying that Toronto has less? I can tell you about the police in Vancouver who are
terrified - TERRIFIED - mind you, about enforcing the law in China Town because the
Triads and the Tong based there have huge arsenals underground, and are constantly
killing each other. And I have friends and relatives on the Police Force in Toronto,
and at the RCMP Academy in Regina who could dispute your logic with reams of cases and
imperical evidence. Not books written by people who attempt to express their own
personal opinions, but actual facts held by the only people who know better than you
or I .

Next Fact according to Joe? Gee do you think Canadians can defend their borders or
their country? If it came to that, do you think we'd last a week? As of 1967 we were
capable of defending Canada for one day! One whole day! The US would have to help us,
and they're getting pissed at our lack of survellance on our borders on the west
coast. They've even stated that if we don't stop the drug trafficking across the
border, that they'll do it for us. Think we can stop them from invading our borders?
Big Bad Joe gonna stand in their way and yell - STOP! ??That'll play for about 2
seconds, until an American soldier points his M-16 at your head and makes Joe a memory!

What do you think we'll be able to do to stop the US government from coming in? I
know, we'll get them drunk, eh? That's what your attitude and ignorance is leading to
fellow Canuck! Way to go! I know, we'll send them to Toronto hoping they'll get SARS,
right? At this stage of society ( evolutionarily (is that a word?) speaking of course),
guns are a normal part of our lives. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Get over it,
and move on. Oh, and welcome to the real world!

Lanman