Your fstab and lilo.conf files look fine to me.
My guess would be a hardware problem.
I see the CD-RW is the only device on the secondary IDE interface.
Do you have the 'master' jumper correctly set on the back of the CD drive?
Or perhaps you have it set to 'Cable Select'? (Linux does not work well with
cable select)
(Obviously the drive is 'capable' of working since I assume you installed
Mandrake using it.)

HTH
derek

--