On Thursday 10 July 2003 04:10 am, Derek Jennings wrote:
> I see the CD-RW is the only device on the secondary IDE interface.
> Do you have the 'master' jumper correctly set on the back of the CD drive?
> Or perhaps you have it set to 'Cable Select'? (Linux does not work well
> with cable select)
> (Obviously the drive is 'capable' of working since I assume you installed
> Mandrake using it.)

the cd drive is on master on teh secondary IDE.  i could've SWORN it was
before, but i actually opened up the computer the other day to make sure and
it was on cable select!  it's been switched back to master and we've still
had all the same problems since switching it.  i don't know if i would want
to put it on the primary IDE cable, as i have 2 hard drives on that cable
already.

yup, drive sure is capable of working.  i actually think it worked before too.
i had installed mdk9.1 before, and i think i had used the cd drive.  but then
i wiped everything out when i installed a 2nd hard drive because i was having
problems and formatting out seemed to be the easiest way to handle all of it.

Mike