On Thursday 10 July 2003 07:19 am, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> just for fun, edit your lilo.conf so the "append" line
> looks like this:
>
> append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi acpi=off ide1=nodma"
>

> then, in the command line, run `lilo`, and reboot. See if it
> keeps crashing.

btw, i've been trying to run that command.  i open up a terminal, su -,
password, then type "append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi acpi=off
ide1=nodma", then hit enter, then type "lilo", and a bunch of stuff comes up
that pretty much tells me it's rewriting all the append lines in the lilo
directory, then i reboot, and nothing in the illo directory has changed.
what am i doing wrong?