-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steve Philp
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 6:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Clarifying EIDE

Civileme wrote:

> <Adds FIC VA503+ and big drives to his list of things to avoid>

DO NOT add this motherboard, nor big drives to your "avoid" list.

As I've already posted, I previously used a FIC-503+ board along with a
7G and a 6.4G drive.  Neither drive had ANY problems.  Setting the BIOS
to LBA (or possibly LARGE, though it's been awhile since I played with
that BIOS) will allow all operating systems to see all parts of the
drive.  Windows included.

Hmmm....
Maxblast is for Motherboards with over the 8.4 G
Hard drives not the old 528 mb limit. It has no use in a Linux environment,
For use in Windows or Dos computers only. I have used a FIC 503+ with
No problems in Mandrake or Windows computers with hard drives up to
10 G. with my bios set to LBA in Mandrake and used Maxblast for Windows
only with hard drives over 8.4 G.
Brian W.