Derek Jennings wrote:

On Tuesday 15 Jul 2003 10:55 pm, owenb wrote:

My computer is a dedicated 9.1 The installation was straight forward.  I
have not added any additional software or made any changes.
 But when I went to use KdeprintFax the following troubles manifested
themselves.
The Address book only shows a Icon although I have entered addresses.
When I activate, "Edit Addressbook" my entries are there.

When I enter a   text file and manually enter a  fax phone # and try to
send I get the following error message.

'Fax Error. See Log Message For More Information"
The log tells me, "Usage: anytops[-m <filters>] [- - mime =<mime -

I have no idea what any of it means but it looks very complicated and I
am very dumb. I really need a fax program .
If someone would have the patience to help me fix this one or recommend
another software package I would be most grateful.
Owen

Thanks for the tip but in my printer selection, "Print to fax" is not a option.

I think the file has to be a postscript file.
The easy way to use kdeprintfax is to open whatever file you want to fax in an editor or word processor and then press the 'Print' button. When the printer dialogue box appears use the drop down menu in the printer selection to select "Print to fax"
You will then enter kdeprintfax.

There is a tip on my web site about using faxes from OpenOffice which may help you.
www.jennings.homelinux.net

derek