On Saturday 26 July 2003 05:06 pm, owenb wrote:
> This is a recent development.
> When I try to print I get the following message.
> Catastrophe! - KNotify
> A print error occurred.
> Error message received from system.
> Error while reading filter description for *true.
> *Empty command line received.
>
> Print KGhost View gives the following:
> Printer HPDeskjet 855c.
> Comment: HP Deskjet 855C, Foomatic + hpijs (recommended)
> Print system currently used  CUPS (common UNIX Print System) connected
> to local host 631
>
> No matter what printer I designate or what print system is designated I
> get the same error message.
> Until a few days ago the designated printer would print.  I must of done
> something,
> The question is now how to undo it.
> Owen
A quick solution may be to just install the printer as a new printer. Use mcc
and add a printer with the same attributes but call it newprinter or such.
Then make it default and see if printing works again. Did you d/l a cups
update or some other printer util lately? HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842