On Saturday 26 Jul 2003 11:21 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> On Saturday 26 July 2003 05:06 pm, owenb wrote:
> > This is a recent development.
> > When I try to print I get the following message.
> > Catastrophe! - KNotify
> > A print error occurred.
> > Error message received from system.
> > Error while reading filter description for *true.
> > *Empty command line received.
> >
> > Print KGhost View gives the following:
> > Printer HPDeskjet 855c.
> > Comment: HP Deskjet 855C, Foomatic + hpijs (recommended)
> > Print system currently used  CUPS (common UNIX Print System)
> > connected to local host 631
> >
> > No matter what printer I designate or what print system is
> > designated I get the same error message.
> > Until a few days ago the designated printer would print.  I must
> > of done something,
> > The question is now how to undo it.
> > Owen
>
> A quick solution may be to just install the printer as a new
> printer.

I don't think it needs this Derek.  If I understand his problem
correctly it is very simple to deal with.  When printing from some
apps (Gimp seems to be the problem on mine), a filter gets left
behind.  All you have to do when you see this error is to call up
print again, check the properties and you will see the filter.
Delete it and print away

Anne