On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:28:21PM +1000, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:59, Todd Slater wrote:
> > BTW Stephen, did you figure out how to add "All outgoing email has been
> > scanned by . . ." with CLAMAV?
> >
> > Todd
>
> Nah - at least not yet - but it is working - so that's a nice touch (not
> that I'm really worried about sending viruses out of my system here at
> home - but was wanting to get it done for a few clients that have a
> tendency to forward files/emails all over the place -  so that put a
> stopper to them - and the management at a few places made comments to me
> so far about the workers not sending too much junk around the
> office...so the original objective has been met)

Yeah, at work I'm running mailing lists with Mailman and I pipe all that
mail through stripmime.pl so *no* attachments go through. (It has the
added benefit of converting html to plain text, something like lynx
-dump.) But now that same server is acting as a relay for a CMS, and
students have a need to send attachments. Since I can't just strip all
attachments, I'm thinking I'll look into ClamAV for that.

Did you do urpmi to get it, and is there docs for setting it up to scan
all mail?

Thanks,
Todd