On Thursday 17 Jul 2003 10:15 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
>  I use a service like this provided by my isp - I
> was thinking more of a native app, something like winfax for both
> sending and receiving, but running over adsl.

You certainly wont get that, probably ever. At some point the fax has to
hit the phone lines and there is no linkage between the Internet and
the phone lines, even using ADSL. Add to that the fact that phone
companies tend to charge money to make calls and you have to have a
company with an accounting procedure in place. Nobody is going to offer
outgoing faxes for free. A few of those links did offer incoming faxes
free, but you still need to set up an account so they know where to
send them.

--
Richard Urwin