Curt Tresenriter wrote:
On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:28, Graham Watkins wrote:

Curt Tresenriter wrote:

I'm trying to access a web site - an audio archive - but it's only
displaying the code.
Konq, Galeon,Opera - doesn't matter.

I would have suspected the web site itself, but for other folks on the
list it is displaying properly , links are accessible etc. So it must be
here....right?
What could it be?
thanks,
Curt

Give us the URL then we can all have a look - might be able to give you an opinion that's worth something then.

Here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/or2/awakingdream/realNeville

Hmm, most curious. Opened it in Mozilla and all I got was text - at first glance, the html seemed to be all over the place and it made me wonder if it was due to it's being a poorly written page - two <html> and <body> tags for a start.

Saved it to my 'puter and then opened it using Konqueror and it displayed as a web page. The link to the rainforest page worked though the rm file (some kind of audio format that realplayer doesn't recognise?) links didn't.

Someone on this thread mentioned that it displayed in IE6 yet I don't see any alien code that might appear had it been written with Word or Frontpage.

You could e-mail the site to tell them that there's something wrong with the page (and if it isn't browser platform independent then there *is* something wrong with it) or if you are a web designer with spare time on your hands, you could offer to rewrite the page for them. Then again you could take the easy way out and view it using Konqueror.

Hope this helps (though I can't see how).

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254 http://counter.li.org