On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 2:22 pm, Bob Read wrote:
> Anne, thanks for your detailed response.  My concern is for a
> friend of ours who runs a (very successful) one-woman advertising
> business.  She is fed up with the, "inherent problems with XP, 2000
> etc."  And is just digging out from her second virus problem this
> year.  She is now ready to consider Linux, and I want to have as
> many answers ready for her as possible.
>
> (I'm hoping to find someone in the Rhode Island area who has
> the expertise to make this happen smoothly.)
>
> Again, thank you,
> Bob

Win4Lin requires a windows licence and install disks, and you are
running a virtual machine under linux.  All peripherals are
controlled by the linux drivers, so if it works with linux it works
for win4lin.  I run windows98, and it's well-nigh crash-proof!
Win4Lin is not free, but it's not expensive, and NeTraverse have an
excellent support team - I have even had a response on Sunday
evening.

Anne